CSC and Saudi Chambers of Commerce Relationship
Chambers of Commerce and Industry are formed by a decision from the Minister of Commerce and Investment. They are non-profit organizations that represent the interests of the business community within their jurisdiction, and covey their concerns to relevant bodies. Chambers of Commerce and Industry work towards the enhancement and development of the business community and addressing obstacles in the sector. In addition to involving the business community in decision-making. Chambers of Commerce shall have their legal personality, and be represented by their board of directors before the judiciary and others.
Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the various regions of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia represent the interests of their respective business communities within their jurisdiction. The Council of Saudi Chambers represents Chambers of Commerce and Industry. Its role entails the following:
- The Council of Saudi Chambers is the umbrella and only legitimate representative of the Saudi business community in all its various groups, sectors and regions, whereas Chambers of Commerce and Industry represent business interests in the regions where they exist, whether in: Riyadh, Jeddah, Eastern Province, Mecca, Madinah, Qassim, Taif, Al Ahsa, Hail, Abha, Najran, Jazan, Al Baha, Al Qurayyat, Al Jouf, Arar, Yanbu, Al Majmaah, Al Zulfi, Tabuk, Al Kharj, Onaizah, Al Quway’iyah, Al Mukhwah, Bisha, Al Bukayriyah, Al Ras, Hafr Al Baten. Some chambers have branches in other cities.
- The Council of Saudi Chambers is the body that sponsors and represents the interests of the Saudi business community and the Chambers of Commerce and Industry, locally and internationally, through various activities and memberships in local and international organizations.
- There is a wide range of economic sectors represented and served by the Council of Saudi Chambers through national committees. The Council of Saudi Chambers has the right to establish new committees as it sees necessary for the national economic interest. Chambers of Commerce and Industry, through their competent committees, participate in the National Committees at the Council alongside experts and specialists.
- The Council of Saudi Chambers has a comprehensive department dedicated to serving the economic relations of the Kingdom with trade partners in various countries worldwide through its Saudi-foreign joint councils.
- The Council of Saudi Chambers has the primary role in participating in the drafting of regulations and decisions governing and serving the Saudi business community through its membership in various committees, the Shura Council, and the Bureau of Experts.